Although an infestation of ants, wasps, and even cockroaches is bad, however nothing is worse than bed bugs. If you have discovered this type of pest in your home, immediate bed bug removal is critical. If these bugs are not eradicated quickly, they can spread from their initial nesting place very fast.
When facing a problem with bed bugs, you can either try a natural bed bug interceptor or contact a company that offers pest control services in Toronto. Once you have identified that the infestation is minor and requires immediate preventive measures, below are few tips that will help eliminate the bed bugs naturally.
How to Keep Bedbugs Away Naturally
Start by confirming that you actually have a bed bug problem. Look at photos of these pests online and then check creases in the mattresses, couches, around and in storage boxes, and other places where you suspect they may be hiding. In addition, determine if anyone in the home is suffering from bed bug symptoms. These include areas on the skin that are slightly inflamed, red, itching, and/or irritated, caused by bites. However, some people also experience anxiety and insomnia.
- Vacuum the bedframe, headboard, and footboard until you no longer see any bed bugs. You also need to vacuum the entire home multiple times, paying close attention to areas around the baseboard and inside of closets. Then, use hot, soapy water to clean the surfaces.
- Sprinkle Diatomaceous earth on the mattresses and carpeting. After 24 hours, vacuum heavily. This causes the bed bugs to dry out and die.
- Mix 3 parts of lavender oil with 1 part of water, fill a spray bottle, and then spray everything affected.
- Sprinkle baking soda on mattresses and carpeting, allow to sit for 24 hours, and then vacuum. Just like Diatomaceous earth, baking soda absorbs moisture from the bed bugs, causing them to die.
- Steam cleaning is another great bed bug interceptor, in that the heat of the steam destroys these pests.
- Wash all bed linens, blankets, comforters, throws, pillows, rugs, clothing, and anything other washable item that may have been affected in hot water.
- For a severe infestation of bed bugs, the best thing to do is to throw out all of the bedding, pillows, rugs, clothes, etc., replacing them with new. Often, mattresses, as well as furniture need to be tossed out as well.
If you have tried numerous natural remedies to eliminate a bed bug problem without success, we can help. Pestico has the experience and expertise needed to get rid of these and other pests. Please visit our website to learn about all of our different services or contact us today to schedule an appointment.